Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chapter 11


I began my afternoon with lunch at Pete's Diner for some lunch. I had hours ahead of me of nothing but shopping. I needed a complete new wardrobe for the vacation. Damen would be by early in the morning to get me tomorrow so I had to get all my shopping and packing down today.


The waitress had just taken my order when a voice to my left caught my attention.
"Scarlet Capuche is that you?" It took me a minute to collect my thoughts and remember who this girl was.
"Yes." I smiled brightly.
I did in fact remember her. She was my middle school best friend. We had stopped talking shortly after her parents shipped her away to boarding school for high school.
"Silvia wow it's been forever."


She joined me by the table. I stood up to greet her.
"My oh my it has been. Look at you. You are even more gorgeous than I remember." Silvia pulled me into a hug.
"Yeah. We both have grown up a lot since the last time we saw each other."
"So how have you been? I heard about your parents. It's such a shame."
"Yeah it was. Hey would you like to join me? I'm just having a bit of lunch before I head down to Georgia's Boutique. I'd love to catch up."


We sat there for about an hour just talking and cathching up. I found out she was married and worked in the big office building as a receptionist. I told her about Damen and how serious we were getting. She couldn't believe he was the first guy I had ever been serious with.
She had expected me to marry Zack. He was my elementary and junior high boyfriend.
"Zack and I didn't even make it to our sophmore year. We broke up before the end of freshman year."
"That's such a shame. He was a hottie."
We laughed.
"Damen's much hotter than Zack could ever be."
"Oh I'll have to meet him then. So I've got nothing to do for the rest of the day. Would you like me to join you and help you shop for something sexy to where."
I agreed. It'd be nice to have a second opinion. We paid for our bills and headed down the street to the boutique.


I searched the racks for some new outfits first. We were going to Sunlit Tides and the weather there was always warm and beautiful. Silvia helped me pick out several outfits and gave her opinion when I tried them on.
It was nice hanging out with her again. I had missed her badly when she had left. None of my other friends could ever replace her. Of course when I moved I stopped talking to all of them. Friendships didn't really last long distance with them.


After I had several outfits a couple of lingerie and a new swimsuit I helped Silvia pick out a couple of outfits. She told me that her business was having a charity event and what she was wearing was the fanciest thing she owned.
We spent a total of two hours in there together. We talked as if she never went away. It was like being in junior high all over again. Silvia was really a great friend and I'm glade we ran into each other.


When I was happy with all of my new outfits we headed to the register and I paid for all of my items. After paying for the clothes my money was almost gone. I had saved all my checks up until I got the car. Luckily Damen had told me that the trip was completly on him.
I offered to help pay and he refused. I wasn't even aloud to bring any money or a credit card with me. The independant part of me wanted to argue with him. But eventually the female in me took over. You tell me who wouldn't love the idea of a completly free vacation with the person they loved.


Our last stop was the day spa. My boss had given me a couple of free coupons. We spent the rest of our day there getting a pedicure and manicrue and last but not least a massage.


The massues really knew what she was doing. I became Jello under her touch. Every bit of stress poured out of me leaving my body completely relaxed.
This was nice. Now I see why our customers always leaving with a huge smile on their face. I have to admit this was almost as good as sex. Almost but not quite.


After our sessions we said our goodbyes and headed home. I still had a lot of packing to do and it was already getting dark. Plus I'd need to get plenty of sleep.
I tripled checked my suitcase to make sure I had everything I would need. I wanted to have a peace of mind so when I fell asleep I stayed asleep. If not I'd wake up over and over again wondering if I forgot to pack something.
After a quick bit to eat and a shower I was finally ready for bed.


With my body relaxed and my mind at ease I was able to drift off pretty quickly to sleep. Wonderful dreams came to me. All of them were about Damen and I one way or another. Whether it be Damen rescueing me or about the future with him. I dreamed of a beautiful white gown with flowers everywhere and Damen standing at the end of a walkway in a tux.




10 comments:

  1. It was nice to see she met a friend there :)
    And the spree seemed fun for them. Her dream... maybe she has future sight? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes maybe she does. Lol.
      I had to add in a couple of friends. She did after all use to live in that town. it was about time she ran into someone she use to know.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that her school friend connected with her right away. It's always awkward when I run into old friends. Lol!

    I can't wait to see the vacation and her new outfits! But really, is she ever gunna wear much besides Damen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that she needed friends. I didn't think the story had enough characters lol.

      Lol. Who knows. She might not even get to wear them long enough. But it was a splurge she wanted to do. She earned it with all of her hard work.

      Delete
  3. It's nice she connected with an old friend. She may need someone depending on how much things change with Damen. I hope all goes well on this little vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since SN is out now things are going to change drastically. I have two more chapters almost ready to post. It's gonna take me a little while to get used to SN and I'm going to have to incorporate it into the story.

      Delete
  4. Yay, I'm caught up, and looking forward to Scarlet's vacation. I really hope it goes well...I'm still worried about Damen and his pack, and what's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is going to start falling into place now that SN is out.

      Delete
  5. Awwww best high school buds are the best. I'm thinking thats what she needed, just some chill time with a friend. Wonder how Damien will feel about her? She did tell her friend she would have to meet him sometime, much enjoyed=)...edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. I still have two of them that I talk to now and they are the best friends in the world lol. Damen will be happy that she's reconnected with and old friend.

      Delete