Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chapter 5



The smell of coffee woke me up the next morning. I cam down the stairs to see my grandma pouring a couple of cups.
"Good morning dear." She said sweetly.
"Morning grandma."
She placed the cups on the counter then grabbed one and sat down at the dining table. I followed her.


"Soo.." I knew what she was about to say before she spoke it. The thought brought a smile to my face. "How did last night go. You must've gotten in pretty late?"
"Yea I was home around midnight." I took a sip of my coffee before continueing. "The date went really well. I enjoyed it a lot. Damen is such a great guy."
"So will there be a date number two?"
"I sure hope so." I couldn't help but smiling brightly.
"That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you dear."
"Oh grandma I have a questiong." I was about to bring up the idea of me remodeling the house.
"Go ahead dear."
"I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if maybe I remodeled a little bit around here. My room needs updated it's a little young for me and I would really enjoy a shower. I'd like to do the whole house if I could but only if you want me to."
"I don't mind. Fix up the bathroom and your room. I don't know if I like the idea of the other rooms yet. We'll see once you've finished up those rooms. There's just soo much memories here and I don't want to lose them."
"I know grandma. I understand. Thank you so much."
 "I'll be right back."
She headed upstairs and a minute later she sat back down.
"Here." She held out her credit card to me. "Use this. Don't worry about the price."
"Oh grandma I can't. I'll use the money I make at the spa."
"Don't be silling Scarlet. I have too much money anyways. I'd rather some of it be spent then sit there forever."


Once my grandma made up here mind there was no changing it. So I took the card. We would be there all day with her insisting until I took it if I didn't.
I headed upstairs and got dressed. I had several hours before I had to be to work. I was going to head down to the consignment shop. Even though she said not to worry about the price I was still going to spend as little as I could.


I arrived at the shop and began looking around. I didn't find anything on the floor that would help me fix up my room our the bathroom. I wasn't sure if the shop would even have any plumbing items but I had to check. I spent a little while looking at the shelfs with decorations and nothing screamed out at me either.


I headed to the cashier.
"Do you have any back stock or anything else I can look at."
"No we don't. We do have a catalog though. The items in there a new and they are well priced. Cheaper than anywhere else. That's our guarentee." He spook with a fack smile.
He probaly hated his job but had to have it. Atleast he tried to seem nice.
"Ok I'd like to see that."


I followed him over to where the catalogs where.
"Anything in particular you are looking for?"
"I'm remodeling my bedroom and bathroom."
He shuffled around some papers and catalogs and then handed me two.
"This one is for the bathroom and this one is for bedrooms."
I spent about an hour going through the pages with him and picking out items. I had spent almost two thousand on the bathroom and about one thousand and two hundred on my bedrooms. The catalogs had everything I needed. From wallpaper to decorations and furntiture. I left the shop pretty happy with my decisions. I just hoped my gradnma would be ok with them.

Later on at work I had a lot to do. I was busy on the computer putting in appointments when I heard the door chime. It signaled that a customer was here.
"Welcome to Sunflower Spa I'll be with you in one moment." I called out.
I hadn't looked up yet to see who had came in. I finished typing in the last bit of information before I looked up to take care of the customer. Damen was standing there in front of me.
"Oh my. What a surprise."


I stepped out from behind the desk and immediatly wrapped my arms around him. It was so nice to see him again. Even though I had seen him last night I was begining to miss him. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad quite yet.
"I couldn't wait to see you again." He said shyly.
"I'm glad you stopped by."
"I was wanting to see you if you wanted a ride home from work?"
"That would be great. I hate taking the bus but without a vehicle it's my only option right now."
He was a savior. The bus ride to work had been very strange. A man with the weirdest eyes sat right next to me and didn't say one word to me. The lady in front of me smelled as if she didn't own a tub. The smell caused me to become nauseous.
"I get off in about fifteen minutes."


"Ok great. I have a surprise for you." He pulled out his hand that I had just notcied he had kept behind his back. There was a  dozen beautiful red roses.
I was shocked. It was a nice gesture. In fact the only gesture or gift I had ever received from a guy. Most of the guys I dated didn't think they should have to shower their girlfriends with gifts. They were vain and expected the girl to just be happy being with them.


"Thank you soo much." I said as I smelled them.
"Beautiful roses for a beautiful girl. I picked red because of your name. Not the meaning behind them. I don't want to come off as weird by saying I love you. It's too early for that. I like you a lot though. More than a lot." He rambled on as his cheeks turned red.
"It's ok. I know what you mean. Don't worry so much." I smiled sweetly.
"So would you like to go to dinner with me when you get off?"
"Oh..." I paused for a moment. I had plans with my grandma but I didn't want him to think I was making up excuses. "I uh.. I told my grandma that I'd be home for dinner. We have to discuss a few things. I'm remodeling my bedroom and the bathroom and I wanted to go over with her the things I bought today. But if you want you're more than welcome to come over and eat with us."
"I'd love to."
I went back to work and Damen waited patiently for me to get off.



6 comments:

  1. Damen is a sweety. Glad grandma is going to let her update her room. The consignment guy looked a little creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea he was a vampire lol. Scarlet was completly oblivious to it. In her head the supernatural doesn't exist.

      Delete
  2. Gram's are always so pushy :)
    Damen is so cute, flowers, a ride home and offering dinner.
    I wonder how Scarlet will react when she finds out she lives in a land of supernaturals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damen is playing the perfect gentleman. He's attracted strongly to her and wants things to work.
      Who knows. We will find out in about 14 days when the new expansion comes. That'll be a big help.

      Delete
  3. I think that her writing is going to get a lot easier once she realizes that there are supernatural people all around her. (Even if they aren't there just yet.)

    I love the way that this story is progressing and I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it'll be a big help to me that's for sure. 14 days.
      Thank you. I can't wait to write more for you guys.

      Delete