Monday, August 13, 2012

Chapter 3


I woke up a couple of hours before I had to be to work. The first thing after breakfast I did was went for a jog. I had been jogging every morning since High School. I was on the swim team and had to stay fit.
I had thought about joining the swim team in college. It was an option. But after my parents died I knew I wouldn't be able to.
The swim team was their idea. They had pused for me to join it and pushed for me to practice so hard. The meets just wouldn't be the same without them in the crowd cheering me on.


After jogging for about an hour I headed home. Grandma was awake and reading on the couch.
"Good morning." I said pulling out my earbuds.
"Oh good morning dear."
She closed the book and patted the spot next to her for me to sit down.



"So I bet you're excited for today?"
I nodded my head. "Yeah and a bit nervous I might add."
"It's perfectly normal dear. Don't worry so much though. I know you'll do great. It's in your DNA." She gave a small chuckle.
I laughed with her.
"Would you like me to make you some breakfast."
I nodded my head and followed her into the kitchen.
She made me scrambled eggs and bacon. My favorite.
After we finished eating I headed upstairs to the bathroom. It was time for me to get ready for work.


I quickly bathed. I was sure going to have to talk to her about upgrading this house. A shower would be so much more convenient at this time.
After I was clean I jumped out of the tub and got dressed.


Luckily I was pretty fast at getting ready or I might have been late. It took me no time to do my hair and apply make-up.
I grabbed my purse and waved goodbye to my grandma as I ran to the bus stop.
Grandma never drove herself anywhere so she didn't have a car I could borrow. I was definately going to have to look into leasing a car or getting a loan.


I was a nervous wreck by the time I reached the Spa. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself before I walked in.
If I wasn't careful I would cause myself to mess up because of my nerves. Grandma always said that when you're nervous you're more likely to mess up then when you are calm and collected.
The day went by fairly fast. It was a pretty easy job and I caught on in no time.
Thankfully I hadn't messed anything up.


On my way out of the Spa I notcied Damen jogging past. Before I could give myself time to think I called his name.
He turned his head and instantly smiled and headed to me.
I had a bad tendacy of doing before thinking. I should have thought this through because now I stood there not knowing what to say.


"Scarlett right?" He said with the biggest smile on his face.
I nodded my head as my cheeks turned a bright red.
"How have you been?"
"Uhh..fine." I studdered.
If my cheeks could go redder they would have in that moment.
Why was I so shy around him. It wasn't in my nature. I cleared my throat and with that cleared away all my nerves.
"How are you?"
"Great. Just out for an afternoon jog."
"It's far too hot at this hour. I jog in the mornings before the sun comes up. It's cooler and a little more quieter. I think it's soothing."
"Well maybe I'll join you one morning then."


There was a split second of silence. It was very awkward. I didn't know what to say to him. I doubted he knew what to say either.
"Hey what are you doing later tonight?"
"Umm...nothing that I can think of."
"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me. There's this new aquarium that just opened and I'd like to go check it out."
I though for a moment. He was asking me on a date. My stomach filled with butterflies that began to flutter around.



I paused for way to long. I definatly wanted to go I just didn't want to sound desperate. He took the pause as me rejecting him.
"I'm sorry. I know you don't know me. I shouldn't have asked you." He was embarrassed.
"Oh no. I mean I'd love to go on a date with you. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad."
He instantly perked up.
"Ok great. I'll be at your house around seven to pick you up."
We exchanged phone numbers then said goodbye. I couldn't help but to stare after him as he jogged away.


Grandma was in the kitchen making an afternoon snack. It was about four O'clock a little early for dinner but I knew she was thinking about me.
I hadn't packed lunch and I forgot to get money to buy lunch.
"How was work dear?"
"It went very well I think."
We sat down at the table and talked while we ate.
"So I have a date tonight."
"Oh?" She raised her eyebrows.
"Damen. I ran into him while I was walking out of work. He asked me out to that new Aquarium tonight."
"Well that's great. He really is such a sweet heart. I think you'll like him a lot."


I pretty much had to argue with her after we ate so I could clean up. She was always the type of person that cleaned, cooked, and did everything around the house all day long. She was use to it and it didn't bother her. But I insisted on helping out.
After the dishes were cleaned I headed up to my room to find something to wear.
Was this a place that required fancy clothes or was it casual?

9 comments:

  1. Hot date!!! Well with all that jogging she hopefully will be in shape to run if she needs to. Supernatural will be out in a few weeks so that should help make your wolf thing easier. You just have to drag out your story until then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also if you want to join a fun group of readers/writers feel free to check out
      http://rebelwritersnirvana.proboards.com/index.cgi

      This is the group I joined where I got the idea/rules for Fiendish. :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome. Thanks I will. I know. I was going to try to use the pets but the dogs just don't seem to do a wolf justice. Lol. So yea gonna drag it out till then. Lol.

      Delete
  2. I really like your story so far and I can't wait to see how it plays out. :D

    I like that the man in this story is named Damen. One of the guys in my legacy is named Daymon. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really glad to see others reading.
      I've loved the name Damen ever since I heard it on Vampire Diaries. Lol. It's just stuck out to me.

      Delete
  3. So he had the nerve to ask :) Good for him. I look forward to where this will lead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlet was afraid of rejection because of the grief she is feeling over her parents she can't handle any more pain. He just wants another person to love him but he is so afraid of losing himself and causing any pain to another.

      Delete
  4. And now the wolf circles his prey :P

    Well this could be the start of something nice or the beginning to her slow road to hell! Well let's hope whatever he has stuffed away in that mind of his Scarlett can handle! She should ask him to put in a shower at her Grams' place that way she can watch him work (and maybe get a peek at his crack!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She plans on asking for his help. Lol. Damen means well but that doesn't always mean the things will turn out good. Good intentions can quickly turn into a disater.

      Delete