Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chapter 4


Damen's POV::
I rang the door bell. I couldn't believe how nervous I was. This girl was gorgeous. She seemed so perfect and here I was with all my imperfections. Yet she had accepted the date proposal. There must be something she sees in me.
I knew this was dangerous for her. Hell it was dangerous for me. If she found out who I really was she could expose me. Or worse something could go wrong and I end up hurting her. Maybe it was selfish but I had to know her. Something about her drew me in.
It only took seconds before the door was opened.


"Oh Damen so good to see you again." Mrs. Capuche said sweetly.
She was the sweetest old lady I had ever meet. I had been helping her around the house ever since her husband had died. I was very fond of her. In a way I looked at her as if she were my own grandma. I never knew mine.
"Nice to see you too Mrs. Capuche."
"Oh dear call me Agnes. I don't know how many times I have to tell you." She let out a small chuckle. "Anyways Scarlet is upstairs getting ready. I'll go get her. Why don't you sit down on the couch and wait for her?"
She headed off up the stairs. I headed into the living room and sat on the couch. The house had a sweet smell to it. Like cookies. It was as if all the years of her baking sweets had stuck to the walls. It was a nice homely scent that I enjoyed.

Scarlet came down the stairs a few minutes later.
"How do I look?" She said nervously.
She was beyond gorgeous. Words couldn't describe her beauty. I couldn't help but to stare and admire. She shuffled her feet waiting for a response and red filled her cheeks.
"You look amazing."
It was nice to see that I wasn't the only one that was nervous.


Scarlet's POV::
He looked great. I was nervous that I might be too under dressed or maybe even over dressed. When I asked him he didn't respond back immediatly. It made me think there was something wrong.
When he finally spoke relief filled me.
He stood up and offered me his arm.
"Shall we go?"
I nodded my head as I wrapped my arm in his. He lead me out of the house and to the street where his car was parked.
He held the car door opened and when I was in and buckled up he shut the door and came to the drivers side.


I was surprised to see that he had such a nice car. There was no way he could afford something like this on a repairman's salary alone. He must do something else.
He asked me how the rest of my day had went. I went on about silly things I'm sure he didn't care to hear. But he listened quietly and patiently.
The aquarium was only fifteen minutes away from my house. I hadn't seen what it looked like yet. There hadn't been any need for me to go down the street it was on and my bus didn't go anywhere near it either.


It had to of been the brightest building in town. The splash of blue was a wonderful sight.
We got out of the car and headed up to the front door. We stoped at the front desk and Damen paid our admission then we headed in.


We headed to the first aquarium we could see and began looking at all of the beautiful fish. We took our time and read each picture that explained each of the fish.
The Angel fish caught my eye. I immediatly called it my favorite.
"So how'd you come to live in Appalloosa?"
"Well I actually grew up here." I said shyly.
"Really?"
I nodded my head. "My parents moved me to Bridgeport when I was fourteen. My dad had a job offer there that was a substantial increase in his paycheck." I paused for a moment.
Talking about my parents was still hard for me, and talking about the wreck was even worse. But I liked Damen. Actually I like him a lot, and I wanted to be completely honest with him and tell him the whole story. So I continued. "Both of my parents were in a terrible car accident." I swallowed hard trying to avoid tears from falling down my face. "A drunk driver hit them head on. Neither of them made it."
"I'm so sorry."
A tear had escaped my eyes. Damen reached his hand up and wiped it away. That little bit of contact sent sparks through me. When he hesitated I could tell he felt the same thing.
"Unfortunetly my parents were big spenders and hadn't saved up much money. So I had to move back here with my grandma. It's temporary though. Until I can find a better job and get up on my own two feet."


We moved to another tank.
"Well I'm sorry about the circumstance but I am glade you did come back."
His words made me smile.
"Thank you. I am too. I wouldn't have made it in Bridgeport on my own. You'll get walked all over if you don't have a strong will to fight there. My dreams were too small for that place anyways."
"What are your dreams?"
"Well the usual I guess. I want to fall in love, get married, and have kids. I also dreamed about becoming a writer."
"Writer eh? What do you like to write about?"
"Oh the supernatural. Like vampires, witches, werewolves, and so on."
Damen chocked. He looked completely embarassed from it.
"Are you ok?" I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Yeah." He shrugged my hand off and headed towards another tank.
I stood there in disbelief. Why had he been so cold when I was trying to make sure he was ok.


I followed him over even though I felt like running out of the aquarium. I didn't think he intended to come off cold but that's the feeling I had from the situation.
I stood there quietly staring at the rare fish in front of me. A few of them were the rare robot fish. I had never seen one in person. Only heard about them from books and people. It was such an amazing sight. I stood there in awe.
"Come on let's head outside there's a pond." He smiled sweetly as he reached for my hand and led me outside.
All of the coldness had left him. Maybe it was just me. He acted as if nothing had happened. Maybe nothing did happen. I was just overreacting.


It was a beautiful night. Stars filled the sky. Crickets chirped all around us. The moon beamed off of the water. It was a scene from a movie. It didn't seem real.
Damen wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we walked around the pond taking in everything.
He touch sent more sparks through my body. As we stood there so close together I wanted nothing more than for him to kiss me. I debated on making the first move myself then talked myself out of it.
He would kiss me when the time was right.


We headed back inside and up to the restraunt for something to eat. He ordered the same thing I did. Spaghetti. My all time favorite. Apparently his too.
"So we've talked about me all night why don't you tell me a little more about you?"
He shrugged. "What would you like to know?"
"Well is being a repairman the only thing you do?"

"No. It's just a side job I do because when I'm not at my real job there's not much else to do. Hopefully now that I've meet you I'll actually be able to enjoy life a little instead of work all the time."
I gave him a shy smile. It was nice to know that he looked forward to more dates in the future.
"I'm a scientist."
"No way." I was completely shocked by that.
He didn't seem like a geek. That was the normal for that job. I could see him working in the military or maybe even as a politician but not a scientist.
"Yes I am. I know I don't seem like it. I'm really a big geek on the inside." He was smirking.
We spent the rest of our meal talking. Then we headed back to my house.
He walked me to the door. I had hoped for a kiss to end an almost perfect night but he hugged me instead. He was a real gentleman and kissing on the first date was probaly against the good guys handbook.


I laid in bed daydreaming. Damen was a perfect guy. I could see myself falling in love with him and one day even marrying him. I hoped he truely felt the say way about me.
He wasn't the first guy I had dated. The ones I had turned out to be complete losers. They wanted only one thing from me and when I didn't give it to them they dumped me and ran off to another girl that would. I hoped he wasn't just another jerk.

8 comments:

  1. He didn't like her wanting to write about werewolves. What's that all about?

    Let's hope Damen isn't a jerk, but something tells me he is a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a good guy just has a big secret. it just caught him by surprise that she wrote about werewolves.

      Delete
  2. A robot fish in salt water? Hope he doesn't rust! ^_^
    very peaceful and calm date and it seems they both enjoyed themselves very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol hopefully not. They did. But Damen has secrets that he's afraid of them getting out. He's a total sweetheart but deep down he has a little bit of a dark side.

      Delete
  3. Wow she's falling hard. That's good it's nice seeing her take her mind off of things and the way she is around Damen feels normal like it should, he's a great distraction. I like that he is telling her about himself...well what he can. Maybe she'll be exactly what he needs but only time will tell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damen does have a lot of secrets and if they were to get out they could hurt the people he cares about. He wants to get to know her and in turn her know him. He's just not sure how she would take certain things and he doesn't want to risk losing her when he's just starting to know her. She is falling hard. Maybe it's because the lose of her parents are still fresh and she wants someone who can be there for her no matter what.

      Delete
  4. I'm really curious about Damen's secrets!

    ReplyDelete