Monday, August 20, 2012

Chapter 6


He walked out of my work and on the sidewalk with his arm around me.
"Scarlet. I have a question. I don't know if this is too soon or not. But I have to ask. I like you a lot and I want to be my girlfriend."
I thought for a moment as my mouth smiled into the biggest smile it could.
"Of course." I bursted out before I could completely think it over.
I did want to be with him. Maybe it was too soon but I know I definately didn't want to see anyone else, and I guess it helped me feel better knowing he didn't either.
We walked to his car as the happiest couple at the moment.


When we reached his car he rushed ahead of me so he could open my door. I wasn't use to this kind of treat me. But it was good to see that chivalry isn't dead after all.
It took us ten minutes to get to my house instead of the hour trip it normaly took on the bus. I would definately be going to get a car when I received my first check from the spa.


We walked in the front door holding hands smiles still stuck to our faces.
"Hey grandma I hope you don't mind Damen is going to be eating with us."
"Oh glad to see your're home dear and no of course I don't mind."
Granma was already preparing dinner. I noticed something a little odd about her. She was still in her nightgown. Something she never stayed in. After her morning coffee she would immediately dress. This was a little strange to me.


I walked over to hear and whispered in her ear. I wanted to give her, her privacy. I knew she would be completely embarrased.
"Grandma you're still in you night gown."
She looked down at her gown and then truned ten shades of red.
"Oh. I am." She said quietly.
She excused herself and headed immediatly upstairs.
This worried me. I knew my grandma was getting old but she had always been healthy. She never forgot anything and I feared this was the begining stages of Alzheimer's.


I served Damen and I a plate of grilled cheese that my grandma had finished up. I sat next to Damen and let out a hug sigh.
"Are you ok?" Damen said worried.
I paused a moment. I could fell tears coming on and I didn't want to mess up my make-up in front of him. When I calmed myself down enough so that I knew I wouldn't cry I finally spoke.
"Yeah. I'm fine. It's my grandma I'm worried about."
We finished eating in silence. Damen didn't know what to say and I couldn't blame him.
"I'm not trying to kick you out or anything it's just been a really long day and I'm tired."
"It's ok Scarlet. If you need me just call me ok?"
I nodded as he pulled me into his arms.


"Don't worry about her too much ok. I'm sure she's fine. Even I forget things little like that some days. I wore my pajama pants to work one day."
I couldn't help but laugh at that thought.
"Thank you." I whispered after the giggles stopped.
"No problem."
We stared into each others eye sharing a moment. I could see all the feelings he had for me written on his face and I knew I wasn't hiding mine.


After a few seconds he pulled me into a kiss that I didn't object. The spark between our lips were electrifying. I didn't want him to pull away when he did. I craved for more. But he reluctantly pulled away and said goodbye.
I stood there in the kitchen for a few moments in a daze. That had been my first kiss ever. It was everything I had hoped it would be.


When I finally snapped out of it I gathered the dishes and headed to the sink. Damen had done a great job at taking my mind off of my grandma. I was so happy that he was in my life. I would need someone to pick me up if things got worse with her. I wouldn't be able to handle things if I were to lose her too.
I shook those thoughts out of my mind. I couldn't think like that.
I headed upstairs and to my grandma's room to check on her. She hadn't come back down.


"Grandma are you ok?"
"Oh dear I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just tired that's all."
I let out a sigh. I knew she wasn't ok. She had slept fine the night before so it wasn't lack of sleep that had made her forget.
"Well I got everything picked out for remodeling. I'm going to do the bathroom in an ocean blue and my bedroom in a deep red color."
"Oh I can't wait to see what you're going to do."
"The items will arrive here in about three days. I'll have to get Damen to help me with the plumbing but I'll do the wall paper and everything on my own."
"Great dear. I can't wait to see it."
I leaned down and gave her a kiss on her head.
"Night grandma. I love you."
"I love you too Scarlet."
I closed her door and headed into my own room.


I immediatly collapsed in the middle of my floor. I couldn't stop the tears that began flowing down my cheeks.
My grandma couldn't be sick. It just can't be possible. She's healthy and strong and....
and....I realized that denying it wasn't going to make it go away. and....she's sick.
I would have to make an appointment in the morning with her family doctor. I'd go with her . I had to.
I calmed myself down and pulled myself together. I quickly changed into my pajamas and placed the roses Damen gave me in a vase. Then I forced myself to sleep.

6 comments:

  1. I hope it was only a forgetful moment her gramma had... it would be terrible for her to lose her after the loss of her parents and all of the changes... I hope that Damon continues to be a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a shame. Damen is trying to be a good boy but that doesn't always me he will succeed.

      Delete
  2. I hope nothing is wrong with grandma. After losing her parents, for something to happen to grams would be devastating to Scarlett.

    Aww how sweet they are an official couple now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunetly Grams old an with age comes problems.
      Yes they are a really cute couple.

      Delete
  3. Aw, poor Grams!
    Damen is such a sweet guy. I hope he stays that way.
    (Sorry i"m taking so long catching up. I've been super busy lately)

    ReplyDelete