Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chapter 2


After my bath I headed into my bedroom and attempted to sleep.


I fell asleep only to be suddenly awaken maybe an hour later if I was lucky. I didn't quite know what woke me up. But after that I tossed and turned all night. Sleep wasn't going to come to me tonight. Eventually I decided to get up. It was five in the morning. If I wasn't going to fall asleep over five hours after lying down I doubted I would at all.


I pulled on my workout clothes and tennis shoes and grabbed my Ipod. I head outside. The sun started coming up. I started out walking then picked up the pace to a jog. My feet carried me as I let the sounds of Katy Perry fill my head. I hadn't realized how far I had gone until I noticed the sun was almost completely up. I had been jogging for about an hour and a half.
I turned around and headed home. Once I got there I headed up to my room and changed for the day. I put on something cute but professional. I was going to job search today and I didn't want to bring to much attention to myself. I'd rather not get a job on my looks.


I took the taxi to town. There was no way I was walking the distance in heels and I was pretty tired from my jog this morning. Once I got into town I would walk around until I found a job. I had checked the newspaper before I had left and I had a few places that I could check. The only experience I had was working in a grocery store which would probaly hinder my ability to get a decent job. But I had to try.


I started out at the restraunt. The manager had spoke with me. She did a mini interview and took my application and said she would call me if a spot opened up. I knew for a fact she had a spot. She had put the add in the newspaper. I don't get why she had to lie to me. I know I'm not qualified. I know I'm not the ideal candidate but it was a restraunt. Why couldn't she train me?


I checked the bank but of course since I had no experience they were pretty sketchy too. All I ask is that people be honest with me. I don't walk in and lie. I lay down my life in front of them. Why can't they just give me that same respect back?


The realestate office down the street had a hiring sign on the door. But when I walked in the manager shook his head. "Sorry but you're not qualified. You need atleast two years of college education."
I thanked him for his time and headed out. Atleast he was honest.
I was just about to call the cab and head home when I noticed another building that had a hiring sign on the door.


It was the local Spa. The manager was sitting at the desk going through papers.
"How may I help you?" She sounded sweet.
"I'm here to inquire about the position you are hiring." I gave her my biggest smile I could give.
"Oh right. Umm yea well it's for the receptionist. I don't normaly do this job but our normal girl just left on maternity leave. She won't be back for atleast a month so this might be temporary. But if you want it you can take the job. I haven't had very many people like the temp thing to much so they all decline me. It's a really easy job. Not much you need to learn. It involves you answering the phone and checking people in for their appointments."
"I'll take it."
She was relieved that I had agreed to it. She handed me a stack of papers and told me to bring those in tomorrow. I would start working at noon. She told me the dress code was business casual. Kind of like what I was wearing now.
It was great to head home knowing I had a job. Sure it was more than likely going to be temporaily but it would give me enough time to figure things out and possibly find another job.



I headed home to find my grandmother sitting at the table and a man fixing her sink.
"Oh hey dear how did things go today?"
"I found a job after several places turned me down. It's been a very long and exhausting day."
"Well that's good to hear. Where will you be working?"
"Uhh it's at the day spa. It's temporarily. The receptionist is on maternity leave so I'll have about a month to try and find something else. Plus it'll be more experience."


The man fixing her sink headed over to us.
"I'm all done Mrs. Capuche."
"Oh that's great."
"The bill will be sent to you in the mail."
"Wonderful. Damen this is my granddaughter Scarlett. Scarlett this is Damen Odolf. He works for the local repair shop. He's just so wonderful. Ever since your grandfather past away I've always been able to rely on him to fix things." She smiled sweetly.


Damen's POV:::
She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I could tell she was shy. As her grandmother introduced us her cheeks blushed softly.
I wanted to know her. I felt a very strong attraction that I had never felt with another before.
But I also knew I was out of her league. A women this beautiful wouldn't be seen with a guy like me.
I doubted she was single anyways. Such beauty would be swooped up right away.


Back to Scarlett's POV::
He was handsome. I knew he could see me blushing which caused my cheeks to turn a brighter red.
I reached my hand out to shake his. He took his gloves off and shook mine.
The moment our hands meet I could feel the electricity sparking off of it.
I had never known before what they meant by a chemical reaction. An attraction so strong that could pull to people together. This had to be what it felt like.
He let my hand go and I could still feel the tingling.
"It's nice to meet you Damen."
"The pleasure's all mine."
His smile could make anyone melt.
He said goodbye to both of us and headed out the door. Part of me wanted to run after him. But what would I say or do? I didn't really know him and I didn't want to come off as a weirdo.


I sat at the table as my grandma got up and began making dinner.
"I'm sure you're hungry after such a long day."
I nodded my head. I hadn't eaten since breakfast and my stomach began growling at the thought of food.
"So dear what did you thing of Damen?"
His name brought the red in my cheeks back.
"Umm well he seems like a nice person but I don't know him enough to judge him grandma."
"Well I think you should try and get to know him. He's a great boy."
My grandma meant well. This wasn't the first time she had tried to hook me up with a boy. Generally the guy lived here and I lived several hundred of miles away so I never really took the time to get to know any of them.
But now that I lived here it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go out a few times.


We talked about random things as she finished cooking. When she was done we continued talking through our meal.
"I'd be willing to give Damen a chance grandma but I doubt he'd be willing to. I mean he doesn't know me and I doubt he even wants to get to know me."
"Oh nonsense Scarlett. Any guy would be lucky just to go on a date with you once. I'm sure he's interested. I'll give him a call. I'm sure I can find something else broken around him so he can come back."
I laughed at that thought. Paying a guy to repair something that didn't really need repaired just so I could ask him out. I shook my head no. I'm sure if a date was meant to happen between us it would.
After dinner I headed upstairs and took a bath then headed straight to bed.

8 comments:

  1. Damen looks like a beefcake under those coveralls. :) They both like each other but are concerned that the other doesn't. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is. Lol. I'm still working through things. This story would be so much better if supernatural was out already lol. I'm trying to figure out the whole wolf thing atm. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad she got a job, it will take her mind off things and she can meet people.
    Who knows, maybe that electrifying repairman is a big bad wolf under plumber's clothing.
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. She needed to get a job. If she hadn't she would have stayed in the house in a ball wallering in her own self misery. He just might be. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Grams is sweet! I love that she wants to have the repair man back to fix a phantom break just to get these two together again. It's great Scarlett found a job, that's one less worry for her at least. Now the only thing left is figuring out if she wants to continue her college education now or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma is almost exactly like Grams. I wanted to put her personality in this story because I love her so much. Scarlet use to know exactly what she wanted to do but after the death of her parents can't seem to figure out anything.

      Delete
  5. Damen is a cutie! And my Grandma is like that too, lol, baking cookies and trying to arrange your love life.
    It's hard not to guess who might be who from the Fairy tale..I see Damen as the Woodsman rather than the Wolf. Being the repairman and all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows he might be and then he might be the wolf. We will see.

      Delete