Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chapter 14

::This is going to be a long update. I couldn't split this up into two chapters because it was all needed to happen at once.::
 

 

The next morning I woke up with a sickening feeling in my stomach. I was completely nauseas and didn't know why. I reached beside me and Damen wasn't there.
I pulled my self out of bed and looked around. Where could he have gone?


I found a vase full of roses with a post it note stuck on the wall behind it. My stomach wouldn't allow me to smell the beautiful flowers. I grabbed the note off of the wall and read it.
Scarlet,
             You looked so beautiful sleeping I didn't want to wake you. I had to go out for a few. There was some things I needed to do that involved work. Feel free to stay here at the Resort while I'm gone or go out and explore the island on your own. I will be back before it's time for dinner then we will go out to a wonderful restraunt. Call me if you need me.
                                               Love,
                                             Damen
I was a little upset that he had left without saying goodbye. But I understood why he didn't want to wake me. I was after all on vacation and part of vacations were getting to sleep in.


I got up and headed downstairs for some breakfast. The smells from the buffet churned my stomach even more. I doubted I'd be able to eat much but I needed to force myself to eat. Maybe I was just hungry and that's why I felt sick.


I forced a couple of bites down my stomach before I gave up. Maybe I got food poisoning or something. I headed back up to my room and changed into some work out clothes. Hopefully a job on the excercise machine would help me feel better. Excersing usually did.


I wasn't even on the machine for five minutes when I got the sensation I was going to throw up.
This is how I spent most of my day. Trying to entertain myself around the resort but always ended up at the bathroom.


It amazed me that I could throw up with nothing in my stomach. The pain from the nausea was unbareable. I wasn't able to enjoy anything the resort had to offer. So I decided to head back to my room and sleep it off.


I don't know how long I slept. I didn't care. All I wanted was that horrible feeling to go away. I didn't wake until Damen came back.


"Well I didn't expect you to sleep in all day." He let out a small laugh.
"I'm sorry. I just don't feel good."
He reached down to feel my forehead.
"You're burning up Scarlet. What's wrong."
"I think I have food poisoning. I've been throwing up all day and can't eat anything. Do you feel ok?"
We had both ate the same things since we were here. Surely he had to be feeling sick too.
"Yeah I'm fine. I think we should get you to the doctors."


"No I'm fine." I jumped up out of the bed and swayed a little.
Damen grabbed me and settled me so I wouldn't fall.
"Come on Scarlet. You're sick. We need to make sure you're ok."
"I don't want to ruin our vacation with a trip to the hospital."
Damen touched the side of my face. "There's nothing you can do that would ruin this trip. It's already so perfect. Plus I have to get you feeling better so we can continue. It wouldn't be much fun for you to stay here for the rest of this week and feel bad."
I grudgingly agreed even though I hated hospitals.




Thankfully once we arrived at the hospital I was able to get right back to a room. A nurse came in and took my vitals then a phlebotomist came in and drew some blood. The nurse came back and and told me that as soon as the results come back from my blood the doctor will be in to see me. We waited patienly and quietly for about a half an hour.


"Good afternoon Ms. Capuche. I'm Dr. Smith. Are you feeling any better?"
I shook my head no. I hadn't thrown up since we arrived but the feeling never left.
"Well your results are in and we have good news. You don't have a bug or virus. You're pregnant."
My eyes went wide and my mouth flew open.
Before I could protest my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID.
"Sorry excuse me I have to take this call. It's Jessica."


I got off of the bed and clicked the call button and put the phone to me ear.
"Hello."
There was sobbing on the other end. Jessica was hysterical.
"Calm down Jessica. What's wrong."
"Oh Scarlet....Agnes...there was blood..." Was all I could manage to hear between her loud sobs.
"What?! Oh my god. I'll be there as fast as I can."
I went numb as I hit the end button. As I sat down on the edge of the bed.


::Damen's POV::
I could see something was wrong as Scarlet sat down and put her head down on her arms. The doctor excused himself out of the room as I walked over to her.
"Scarlet dear what's wrong."
"I need to get home. It's grandma." She didn't say anything else.
I tried to get her to tell me what was wrong. But all she did was sit there.


I tried to comfort her but she didn't budge. She didn't say anything else.
"I'll call the airport and make arrangments for us to leave."
I tried one last time to comfort her before I headed out of the room. I was going to make arrangments but first there was someone I needed to call.


I quickly found Jossten's phone number in my contacts and clicked the send button.
I didn't know how to feel. I was angry because I knew he had something to do with Agnes but at the same time I was happy. I had just found out that I was going to be a father. I wanted so bad to crush the phone in my hands but instead I put it to my ear and heard it ring.
"Well hello Damen. It's so good to hear from you."
"Cut the bullshit Jossten. Why did you do it?"
There was an evil laugh from the other end.
"Oh Damen. You see the poor old lady was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I went in to see Scarlet and found she wasn't there. But dear old Agnes was and she saw me. I had to kill her or she was going to call the cops on me. It's such a shame really. I was looking forward to getting my hands on the human you hold so dearly to yourself. Oh well there's always a next time."
"There won't be a next time Jossten. Stay away from Scarlet. She's pregnant with my child and you can't harm her."
"Oh dear Damen what have you done."
I hung up before he had a chance to say anything else.


I calmed myself down before I called the Resort and the airport. After about twenty mintues of being on the phone I was able to get my bags sent to the airport and two spots on the flight due to leave in an hour.
I headed back into the room to get Scarlet and then we left the hospital.


The car ride to the airport was awkward. Scarlet didn't speak one word. I knew why she was hurting and it was because of me. If I hadn't went after her none of this would have happen. I should have kept my distance and stayed away from her. It was selfish of me to have let things get this far. It's too late to turn back now. She's pregnant and there's no way I'm going to back away now.


There was a police officer still there when we arrived. Jessica sat at the dinning table still balling her eyes out.
"Scarlet I'm so sorry." She said as we entered.
Scarlet didn't respond to her.
"You must be Ms. Capuche. I'm so sorry about your grandma. She was a wonderful lady."
"What happened." Scarlet softly spoke.
"We don't know all the details yet but someone broke into your house and killed her in her bed."
Scarlet didn't respond to this bit of information at all. I could tell she was still numb from everything.


"Is there anything I can do to help?" Her voice was just a whisper.
"Yes. We have some questions for you but they can wait until tomorrow. Come down to the police station tomorrow morning and we can talk then. If you need anything please feel free to call me." He handed her a card.
"Can everyone leave please."
The office touched her arm before walking out the door. Jessica stopped and was about to say something to Scarlet then changed her mind. She followed the police officer out of the door.
Scarlet turned to head upstairs.


I stopped her by wrapping my arms around her.
"Maybe we should stay at my house tonight."
Her body went rigid.
"No. I'm staying here. Could you please leave to I need to be alone."
It hurt me that she didn't want me to stay with her but I knew she had a lot going on. I kissed her check.
"Call me if you need me. Stay inside and keep the doors locked. We don't know if the person who killed Agnes is still around."
She didn't speak. I knew she was hurting inside and it killed me to see her like this.
"I love you Scarlet."
She just nodded her head.


With a sigh I turned around and headed for the door. Every part of me told me not to leave her. It told me to turn around and make her let me stay. But I knew she needed space. So I would give it to her. But there was no way I was going to go home.
I headed to make care and sat there. I would camp out here all night just to make sure Jossten left her alone.


::Scarlet's POV::
I was completely numb. The news that I was pregnant and my grandma's death hadn't hit me completely yet. How could this be happening I needed my grandma and she was gone. Who would do such a thing to such an innocent person? So many questions filled my head that I knew I wouldn't have the answer to.
I was heading to my room but the crime scene tape on my grandma's door caught my eye. I headed straight to the door and began ripping the tape down. I knew I shouldn't but I headed into her room.


The sight before me caused my to gasp in horror. Blood covered her blankets. I found myself asking who would do this to her once again.
This wasn't just some coincidence. This was planned. They crept inside our house and came up to her room and killed her.
It made me realize that there was monsters in this world. Real live horrible monsters. They couldn't be human. Not to do something like this.
I grabbed the blankets off of her bed and scooped them up.


I headed outside to the garage where the washer and dryer was. Damen had asked me not to leave the house but I couldn't let the blankets stay like that on her bed. I tried my hardest to erase the image out of my mind.
I failed. Everytime I tried it would flash before me. It was etched into my mind and I would forever remember it.


I stood there while the washer filled up with water and it began shaking. I don't know what came over me but everything hit me at once. I began crying hysterically.
Too much had happened today. I was the last family memeber alive. I didn't want that burden. I couldn't take care of myself. I needed my grandma. And on top of that I was pregnant. How could that be possible? Damen and I were extremely careful each time and I was on birth control. I guess I'd have to stop taking those pills.


After the blankets where put into the dryer I headed back upstairs and took a shower. I was still crying hard. I felt so alone. Maybe  I shouldn't have sent Damon away. Part of me wanted to call him but the other more powerful part told me I needed to deal with this on my own.


After I managed to stop myself from crying I got out of the shower and headed to my bed. I knew sleep would elude me tonight. But I had to try. My body was completely exhausted. My mind was still numb from everything. I held my hands on my stomach. The doctor had told me before I left I was about two weeks pregnant. That was around the time that Damon and I had started having sex.
I had just started taking the pills so I guess that's why I had conceived. They hadn't fully started working yet. But Damon had used a condom. Atleast I thought he did. Maybe we had been to caught up in everything to stop and be smart.
Either way I was pregnant and I was going to have this baby. That's what grandma would have wanted me to do.



6 comments:

  1. wow, whoa that's wow. Poor Scarlett. She's pregnant and that creep killed her grandmother. That's a lot to deal with right now and she still doesn't even know the full story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These next couple of weeks for her are going to be trying. Hopefully the love she has. for Damen will be enough

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's crazy. I knew she was pregnant the minute you said she was running to the bathroom vomiting. Poor girl, having her perfect vacation ruined like that.

    Hopefully she doesn't get in trouble for washing the sheets. I'm surprised that the cops even let her stay in the house. Jessica should be a prime suspect too since she was the one caring for Agnes, even though we all know it wasn't her.

    Damen is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that her vacation went sour. She was having so much fun.

      She won't get in trouble for washing the sheets. The forensic team had already been in there and collected everything they needed. I probaly should have had the cop say that. Lol.

      Damen does have a lot to explain. Question is, is he going to tell her now or wait. She might blame him for her grams death even though he didn't do it himself it is kinda his fault for getting them involved.

      Delete
  3. Definitely a lot happening. Damen has secrets, Scarlet lost her entire family. She shouldn't have stayed there and after Damen's phone call, I am really very surprised he left her alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't want to but she insisted and he knew there was nothing he could do or say that would change her mind that's why he parked outside her house to keep an eye on her.

      Delete